Health and Safety update
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, we have made the difficult decision to suspend all Alma de España classes at this time. We are listening to the concerns that our students are expressing, and want to assure you that your health, safety, and comfort are our top priority.
We will be considering the situation week by week, so please watch your email for the announcement of when classes will resume. We want to reassure you that any classes missed due to this closure will be made up to you in the future. We are actively working to come up with several options once we know how many classes will be effected.
Please email us if you have any questions or concerns. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the studio once classes resume.
Thank you for your understanding and ongoing support.
COVID - 19 POLICIES AND STUDIO RULES
Alma de España is committed to provide a safe and comfortable experience for all of our students. We are implementing policies and cleaning practices to make sure our studio is able function with effective social and physical distancing measures in place, while still allowing you to enjoy learning Flamenco. We are regularly monitoring updates from the Government of Canada, the British Columbia Provincial Health Officer, and the Vancouver Island Health Authority to ensure that we continues to get the best possible guidance in order to provide a regulated and safe environment for us all. These guidelines and rules will be update as needed over the next weeks and months. As we move forward with reopening for a limited number of in-studio lesson, we want you to be aware of the following:
You will be asked to leave if you do not follow the below stated requirements or if your actions or behaviour are jeopardizing the health or safety of other students or staff.
July 24th update: We are anticipating masks becoming required by government in the near future. As soon as this requirement is made, we will be following instructions and wearing a mask will become mandatory when at the studio.
Registering for class
– dancers must be pre-registered. NO DROP-INS OR GUESTS PERMITTED.
– class tuition will be accepted by e-transfer. No cash or cheque transactions. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
– class sizes are strictly limited.
– classes missed due to illness will be made up with credits usable for on-line virtual flamenco videos.
– no one will be admitted in the studio if they are experiencing flu-like symptoms such as fever, sneezing, coughing, runny nose. Students will be asked to answer the following questions prior to the class.
• Have you experienced cold or flu-like symptoms within the last 14 days?
• Have you been in close contact with anyone else who has had these symptoms in the last 14 days?
• Have you or someone you have been in close contact with travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
• If you or someone you have been in close contact with has travelled outside of Canada, have you quarantined in Canada for 14 days?
Arriving at the studio
– arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before class
– no congregating in the lobby at any time.
– dancers should arrive dressed and ready for class
– dancers can use the bench or vinyl settee in foyer outside the studio to change shoes. The change-room is closed and not available.
– after putting shoes on, dancer should sanitize & wipe sitting area with the disinfectant provided.
– line up at designate Physical Distancing markers provided on the floor in the hallway.
– dancers should bring only essential items, contained within a single bag into the studio.
– no food or drink in the studio. Only closed-top water bottles. Any bottles left behind will be discarded.
– dancers will be admitted into the studio by the instructor, who will be responsible for opening and closing the door at all times.
– hand sanitizer will be provided and is to be used upon entering the studio. You are encouraged to bring your own as well for personal use.
– hand sanitizer is also on the wall at the front and back entrance to the mall.
– public washrooms in the mall are open and being cleaned frequently by mall staff.
Once in the studio
– dancer will place dance bag at a designated spot along the side of the room. – each dancer proceeds to a yellow X in the studio ready for the class
– instructions from the teacher will be given verbally. No hands-on corrections- students and teachers may wear a mask if they wish.
– students must practice social distancing at all times before, during, and after class (2m distance from each other)
– classmate conversation is discouraged until you are outdoors.
Additional precautionary policies:
– High-touch surfaces will be cleaned by the teacher between each class. Thank you for your patience as we work to keep you safe!
– You will be asked to leave if you do not follow the above stated requirements or if your actions or behaviour are jeopardizing the health or safety of other students or staff.
– Although we are doing our best to provide a safe studio environment, you are attending Alma de España Flamenco classes held at the WAPA University Heights Studio at your own risk.
Thank you for placing your trust in Alma de España. We are committed to delivering the high quality instruction and Flamenco experience that you have come to expect. Thank you for being part of our Flamenco family!