Health and Safety update
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, we have made the difficult decision to suspend all Alma de España classes at this time. We are listening to the concerns that our students are expressing, and want to assure you that your health, safety, and comfort are our top priority.
We will be considering the situation week by week, so please watch your email for the announcement of when classes will resume. We want to reassure you that any classes missed due to this closure will be made up to you in the future. We are actively working to come up with several options once we know how many classes will be effected.
Please email us if you have any questions or concerns. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the studio once classes resume.
Thank you for your understanding and ongoing support.
Updated June 1, 2022
COVID - 19 POLICIES AND STUDIO RULES
Alma de España is committed to provide a safe and comfortable experience for all of our students. We are implementing policies and cleaning practices to make sure our studio is able function with effective social and physical distancing measures in place, while still allowing you to enjoy learning Flamenco. We are regularly monitoring updates from the Government of Canada, the British Columbia Provincial Health Officer, and the Vancouver Island Health Authority to ensure that we continue to get the best possible guidance in order to provide a regulated and safe environment for us all. These guidelines and rules will be updated as needed over the next weeks and months. As we move forward with in-studio lessons, we want you to be aware of the following: You will be asked to leave if you do not follow the below stated requirements or if your actions or behaviour are jeopardizing the health or safety of other students or staff.
We are taking the following steps to keep everyone safe and will continue to update and add to this list as needed:
- Masks that cover your nose and mouth are recommended (a personal choice) at all times in the studio and during classes.
- Drop-in classes must be prearranged.
- Make-up classes for registered students will be available at the teacher’s discretion with pre-arrangement.
- Please remember to stay home if you are feeling unwell in any way.
We will be working closely with our contacts in Island Health to fully understand what additional steps will be required for us to continuing sharing flamenco with you in a safe way.
Registering for class
– students must be pre-registered (including drop-ins). NO GUESTS PERMITTED.
– class tuition will be accepted by e-transfer. No cash or cheque transactions. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
– class sizes are strictly limited.
– no one will be admitted into the studio if they are experiencing flu-like symptoms such as fever, sneezing, coughing, runny nose.
Arriving at the studio
– arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before class
– no congregating in the lobby at any time
– dancers should arrive dressed and ready for class
– students should bring only essential items, contained within a single bag into the studio
– no food or drink in the studio. Only closed-top water bottles. Any bottles left behind will be discarded
– students will be admitted into the studio by the instructor.
– hand sanitizer will be provided and is to be used upon entering the studio. You are encouraged to bring your own as well for personal use
– public washrooms in the building are open and being cleaned frequently by studio staff
Once in the studio
– dancer will place dance bag at a designated spot along the side of the room.
– instructions from the teacher will be given verbally. No hands-on corrections
– students and teachers are encouraged to wear a mask that covers their mouth and nose in class
– students must practice social distancing at all times before, during, and after class (2m distance from each other)
– classmate conversation is discouraged until you are outdoors
Additional precautionary policies:
– High-touch surfaces will be cleaned frequently
– You will be asked to leave if you do not follow the above stated requirements or if your actions or behaviour are jeopardizing the health or safety of other students or staff
– Although we are doing our best to provide a safe studio environment, you are attending Alma de España Flamenco classes held at the Dance Victoria Studios and/or 2568 Vancouver Street at your own risk
Thank you for placing your trust in Alma de España. We are committed to delivering the high quality instruction and Flamenco experience that you have come to expect. Thank you for being part of our Flamenco family!